We’ve been awarded the School Games GOLD award for our PE and Sports provision.
The School Games Mark continues to reward schools for their commitment to and development of competition, school sport and physical education.
Over previous years, we have progressed through Bronze and Silver awards and below are some of the achievements that have helped us to gain our GOLD!
- Ensuring that all children in KS2 take part in either Level 1 (internal) or Level 2 (external) competitions.
- Providing opportunities that attract less active children to participate in physical activity.
- Providing opportunities for gifted and talented children to further broaden their experiences.
- Providing a range of lunchtime clubs and sporting experiences e.g. triathlon, dance festival, mini-tennis, cycling and basketball taster sessions.
- Promoting sporting achievements on the school notice boards and school website.
- Employing sports coaches to deliver Curriculum PE, Clubs and provide staff training.